FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5 file system.
Windows 8.1, 8, 7, vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
Minimum 128Mb RAM (recommended 256Mb)
Minimum 40Mb free disk space required
|Join Our Newsletter|
Windows users are always boring by how to recover deleted files from NTFS partition. Compared with FAT, it is more difficult to recover deleted files from NTFS partition due to its higher safety performance. With the help of this article, you can easily recover deleted files from NTFS partition.
NTFS (New Technology File System) is the standard file system of Windows NT, including its later versions Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
NTFS supersedes the FAT file system as the preferred file system for Microsoft's Windows operating systems. NTFS has several improvements over FAT and HPFS such as improved support for metadata and the use of advanced data structures to improve performance, reliability, and disk space utilization, plus additional extensions such as security access control lists and file system journaling. Due to its advantages, NTFS file system has become main trend now.
When you delete files from NTFS partition, Windows doesn't completely wipe files but modify the first letter of file names into a special symbol and then mark cluster this file occupies as idle mode. Therefore data still exist on this disk. These clusters could probably occupied and overwrite original data, if we save new files on the disk. For this reason, we should stop using the NTFS partition which you want to recover lost files from and make sure you do not save any data to this partition. To recover deleted files, we must bypass operating system and operate directly on disk to recover. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is such a data recovery software, full recovering deleted files.
1. Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition and select "Deleted File Recovery" module.
2. Select the file types you want to recover. Tick 'Search all lost files automatically' to find all lost file types.
3. Choose the NTFS partition that you want to recover deleted files from and click "NEXT" to continue.
4. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will launch the "Building directory" procedure to searching the deleted files.
5. You will see the found files and you can preview it to check the file quality by "File Preview".
6. Select the files you want to recover and save them to a safe place.
Besides recovering deleted files from NTFS partition, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition can also recover deleted files from FAT12/FAT16/FAT32, EXT2/EXT3 partition.
Caution: Saving file(s) to the partition or drive where you are recovering data, for it may result in overwriting data and permanent data loss!!!
Copyright © 2005-2015 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.