FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5 file system.
Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7
Minimum 128Mb RAM (recommended 256Mb)
Minimum 40Mb free disk space required
|Join Our Newsletter|
Have you accidenlty formatted hard drive, CF card, SD card, MMC, Memory Stick or USB drives and want to recover the important data? Don't worry, this article will talk about why you can recover files after format and how to unformat files with format recovery software.
Formatting a partition only erases the address table, not the data itself. Do not be panic if you accidentally format a partition containing useful data, data recovery software can help you recover data after format.
After formatting a partition, if you want to unformat files from the formatted partition, please stop using the formatted partition any more.
Tips: In Windows XP or Server 2003, you can recover files no matter you full format or quick format the partition. However in Windows 7, if you full format a partition, you cannot recover files from it, as Windows will erase data completely. Fortunately, the default format option in Windows 7 is quick format.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is the best format data recovery freeware. It can recover data from formatted hard drive, recover lost and missing file after formatted disk, recover files from formatted external hard drive, recover data after formatted usb, unformat hard drive, recover formatted card ( recover files after format memory card or sd card ). Even if your disk reformatted , EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition still recover it.
To unformat files from formatted drives, please follow this procedure:
1. Click the "Complete Recovery" button on the main window of Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.
2. Select the file types you want to recover. Tick 'Search all lost files automatically' to find all lost file types.
3. The second screen on the "Complete Recovery" mode will display a list of volumes found on the drives. If the volume does not have a drive letter, then the volume will be listed at the hindmost and the drive letter will be replaced by "*".
4. You should choose the formatted volume that you want to recover and click "NEXT" to start searching this volume.
5. The Intelligent Searching module will scan the selected volume, collect and analyze every byte on the volume, then show you a list of volumes which are possible on it.
6. After this scanning is finished, Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition allows you to choose 4 volumes at best to recover the data. And then, press "NEXT" button. The Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will launch the "Building directory" procedure to search the files. You will see file/folder tree soon.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition is a read-only format recovery software to quickly and safely unformat hard drive and recover files from formatted FAT/NTFS hard drive, external hard drive, USB easily and safely under Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7. Besides unformat function, this data recovery software also can recover deleted files, do partition recovery and recover lost data due to virus infection, software crash, unexpected shutdown and other unknown reasons.
Do not forget to back up your data in Case of Data Loss! Back up with the most advanced FREE backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free.
Copyright © 2005-2011 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.